Unit 2: What Color is it?
Beijing Publishing House English Book Three
1. The text of page seven.
2. Sentence pattern: What color is it? And its answer: It’s …
3. New words and expressions: colour, sweater, like, yellow, green, red, black, white, brown, purple, blue, look at.
1. To build a language context by means of video and recorder, let the pupils grasp the meaning of the text and read the text out.
2. To make the pupils master the functional sentence “ What Colour is it?” and its answer “ It’s…”. To improve the pupils’ abilities in listening, speaking and in reading, and also teach them how to use such sentences in simple language context.
3. To teach the pupils, through various activities, how to use the following words: yellow, green, red, black, white, brown, purple, blue.
4. To encourage the pupils to participate actively in the teaching-learning process by different forms of teaching methods. And to form their interest in English study.
1. Understanding of the text
2. Pronunciation and use of words
3. The use of the functional sentence “What color is it?” and the answer pattern: It’s …
1. The tone and pronunciation of some words
2. How to understand and use the sentence pattern “I like…”
Computer software, tape recorder, video, color card, a yellow sweater and a red one, a big umbrella and two small ones, two pieces of garment and two colorful candies
Organizing the class
Listen and sing a song:
“Who is wearing yellow today?”
Warm up and attract the pupils
Lead in the new class
The teacher named three pupils dressed in yellow to introduce the word “ Yellow”
To introduce the new words by songs
Study of new text
Study the words “green, black,
purple”. according to the song and
the garment the pupils wear
The teacher uses “ Is … wearing yellow/… today?”
The teacher sorts out the color cards to help the pupils to read the words
Some pupils have known the words.
Provide an opportunity of acknowledgment for all levels of pupils
A visual method to help to pupils to remember the words
Practice the four words: yellow,
green, black, purple, and study the
new word color.
Study brown, white, red, blue. (pupils teach each other)
Mutual aid and cooperation among teachers and students
Study the sentence pattern “I like the color”
The teacher sorts out his/her favorite color and puts it on his/her dress to help the pupils to understand the meaning of “I like the color.”
The pupils sort out the colors they like, saying “I like the color.”
Emphasize the word “like” by body language
The pupils overcome the difficulties by practicing
Study the sentence pattern “What color is it?” and try to use the sentence pattern
Read the words of color in the