Unit 1. My classroom.
1. Make the students describe their own classroom with simple words.
2. Tell the colours of the objects of the classroom.
3. Learn the words and sentences in Part A,B.
4. Sing the song “In the classroom” and understand the story.
Get the pupils to describe their classroom in their own words.
Tape and recorder, stickers and word cards.
T: Hello, A! Welcome back to school!
A: Hello, Miss…. Nice to see you again.
T: Nice to see you, too.
(1) Show the picture of the classroom and say: This is my classroom. What can you see in it? Present the words: window, door, picture, light, board, floor. Read aloud.
(2) Practise the words, using the patterns: Where is ….? It’s on the….e.g. Draw a bag on the board, asking: Where’s the bag? Get the answer: On the board.
(3) Game: Let the students have the word cards in their hands. The teacher gives the order: Show me your picture/window/… The students show the word cards.
(4) Listen to the tape, get the students read after the tape.
(5) Presentation of the new phrases: Open the door. Sweep the floor. Turn on the light. Clean the window. Put up the picture. Clean the board. Read and act.
(6) Learn to sing the song: In the classroom.
3. Consolidation and extension.
Do the exercises in the Activity Book.