Develop the four skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing, and revise the whole unit
Properties: Tape recorder, Overhead projector
/s/ s ss se c /z/ z s se /sp - / sp /st-/st /sk - / sk sch /sw - / sw /sm-/ sm get married
Ask the Ss to say out the interview between a journalist and Erik and Elsa.
1. Ask the Ss to summarize the pronunciation rules of the sounds /s/ /z/ /sp - / /st-/ /sk-/ /sw- / /sm - / give some example words.
2. Read the words in the book and check their voices to see if they are correct
3. Listen and repeat
(1)1st time: Listen and catch the main idea
(2)2nd time: Listen to the exercise on Page 128
(3)3rd time: Listen and check
1. Ask the Ss to read the passage by themselves, bearing the following questions in mind.
When and where Elsa’s father born?
What are her parents?
What is her father good at? And what isn’t he good at?
Say what happened in each year
2. Check the comprehension questions.
3. Listen and practise reading. Explain the usage of “marry”.
marry, vi. eg. Harry didn’t marry until 50.
marry. vt. - sb. eg. John is going to marry Jane.
be/get married eg. They’ve got married for 4 years.
4. Retell the passage
5. Consolidation: chain reading
A Family Member
VI. Go over the main points of the whole unit
VII. Exercise in class
Find out one word with the different pronunciation
1. A. miss B. cross C. perhaps D. his
2. A. rise B. blouse C. surprise D. house
3. A. school B. much C. child D. choose
4. A. page B. large C. garden D. sausage
5. A. who B. while C. why D. where
Key: 1.D 2.D 3. A 4. C 5. A
1. Revise the whole unit
3. Writing: A Family Member
IX. The design of the blackboard
/s/ My Father
/z/ be born in Stockholm in
/sp-/ live there for …
/st-/ be good at …
/sk-/ like sports
/sm-/ play for…
/sw-/ get married