1. Lead-in: (Slide 1—6 )
(1) Revise kinds of transportation using pictures on TV:
--bike / motorbike / bus / train / taxi / subway / plane / car / jeep / ship
--walk ( on foot )
(2) Revise the sentences below by asking and answering with Ss:
--How do you get to school?
--How does he / she get to school?
--How do they get to school?( Ask the Ss who ride their bikes to school
to put up their hands. )
2. Present the pictures of Jili Middle School and my home, then say: (Slide7)
I usually take a taxi to school.
It takes about / around 15 minutes.
3. Next, lead to the model:
A: How do you get to school?
B: I take a taxi to school.
A: How long does it take?
B: It takes about / around 15 minutes.
And then read and practice after the teacher.
4. Explain ‘ minute’ and ‘ around’ using simplified clocks on the Bb.
5. Write down the conversation below when the teacher is making a survey:
T: How do you get to school?
S: I take the bus / walk /…to school.
T: How long does it take?
S: It takes about / around 5/15/…minutes.
7. Act out.
Activity 2 ( Listening )
1.( Section A, 2a ) Lead the Ss to go through the kinds of transportation
and listen, then check some of them that they hear.
2. Check with the Ss.
3. ( Section A 2b ) Listen again and match the time with the kinds of transp-
ortation in 2a.
4. Practice and check.
1. Remind the Ss to be on time for school.
2. Lead the Ss to have a look at the children in the countryside, then elicit the
answer to the question from Ss: (Slide 8 )
How do they get to school?
3. ( Slide 9—10 )Play a guessing game, and then ask the Ss to discuss the two singers ( Zhou Jielun and Cai Yilin ) with their partners and talk about
Make a survey according to the chart below:
Who How How long Where
… … … … … … … …
Writing on the Bb:
Revision New items:
1.How do you get to school? A: How do you get to school?
I ride my bike. B: I ride my bike / take the …
2. How does he / she get to A: How long does it take?
school? B: It takes 15 / 20 /… minutes.
3. How do they get to school?
They ride their bikes.