Period: The First Period
Content: Lesson 49
Properties: Recorder; Overhead Projector; flashcards.
1. Let the students say the numbers.
2. Learn some new words and useful expressions.
population, million, billion, increase, grow, What’s the population of Germany?
I. Showing tile teaching aims
Revise the numbers between 1 and 100.
Use flashcards or numbers on the blackboard to revise one hundred, present a thousand in the same way. Then present ten thousand/ a hundred thousand/ a million and a billion
Give the students plenty of practice in reading these numbers. Point out the differences between English and Chinese for 10 000 and 100 000.
Part 1. Play the tape for the students to listen and repeat. Show numbers on the blackboard, to give the students more practice in saying the numbers.
Present more difficult numbers, then go through the model. Point out how commas are used. Let the students try to say the numbers in this exercise. Hay the tape for the students to listen and repeat.
Part 3, using a map of the world, go through contents of the table. Learn the meaning of population.
1. Our city has a population of two billion.
2. What’s the population of Tianjin?
3. China has the largest population of the world.
Ask the students some questions, using the model given, e.g.: What’s the population of…? What about the population of…? Finally, get the students to ask and answer in pairs.
VII. Exercises in class
Let the students do enough practice in reading the numbers.
Have a dictation.
1. What’s the population of France? About fifty - eight million.
2. The worlds population was about 5 300 million in 1990.
3. Nine billion, eight hundred and seventy - three million, four hundred and twenty - five thousand, two hundred and sixty - one.
Work in groups
Show a picture of the numbers of World’s population. Teacher speak out the names of country or city, and ask the students speak out each number one by one in their group. And then ask the other group to practise this again. Whose sound is correct and clearly? Whose number reading is best?
1. Revise the numbers
2. Make five partners in asking the population.
The worlds population Lesson49由www.562527.site收集及整理,轉載請說明出處www.562527.site