Period: The Third Period
Properties: Overhead projector, some pictures
Teaching objectives: Students should know different types of sentences and grasp some words.
1. Knowledge aims
(1) Different types of sentences
① simple sentences
② compound sentence: It consists of two more simple sentences.
③ complex sentence: It consists of a principal clause and one or more subordinate clauses.
(2) Useful expressions
by the way, few, a few, little, a little, either, neither
(3) Continue to learn the passage about Titanic.
2. Ability aim
Students can say something about Titanic.
a) Organizing the class
Greetings and a duty report.
Dictate some words: trip, pleasant, iceberg, hole, sink, lifeboat, shout, married, thankful, join
T: Yesterday we talked about the film Titanic. Many of us agreed that it was a very good film. What other films do you like?
Students are encouraged to give their answers.
Students read the dialogue aloud in pairs, then they make up their own dialogues. They may look up new words in the dictionary.
Students read the grammar note on page 157 by themselves and see what types of sentences these are:
1. There was a very big hole in the ship and water began to come inside.
2. One afternoon in April 1912, a new ship set off from England to America on its first trip.
3. It’s hard to say because I like many films.
4. Do you know how many people lost their lives?
Teacher checks the answers with the whole class. Then, teacher gives the sentence type, students give example sentences.
1. Write a short passage to introduce a film
2. Do exercises on page 129.
What types of sentences are they?
1. He asked her an interesting question.
2. He knocked at the door again and again, but there was no answer.
3. I’ll tell you why I asked you to come.
1. simple sentence 2. compound sentence 3. complex sentence (object clause)
八年級年級下學期 Lesson 103教學設計由www.562527.site收集及整理,轉載請說明出處www.562527.site