Lesson 71 教學設計方案
Properties: Recorder, Overhead Projector.
1. Revise the grammar: the Adverbial Clause and the Infinitive.
2. Revise the use of “who, that, which”.
Language Focus: so that
The Infinitive: to + Verb(原形)
I. Showing the teaching aims
Check homework, ask some students to retell the story.
Give the students some sentences for example to help them understand the structure:
so + adj. /adv. + that(結果)
1. I am so angry that I cant say a word.
2. The teacher spoke so fast that we couldnt catch up with him.
3. The classroom is so dirty that we must clean it.
Ask the students to make up some sentences with “so… that”, then give same more sentences.
1. He got up late so that he was late for school.
2. He ran very fast so that he hit the electric pole.
Ask the students to do some practice.
Look at Exercise 1, ask the students to answer the questions with so that…. The answers are:
1. I stayed at home so that I could go swimming when I had finished it.
2. Lucy saved her money so that she could buy her mother a birthday present.
3. Ling Feng was going to Changsha the next week so that he could visit his sick grandmother.
4. I was doing my homework so that I could ask him to help me with my physics.
5. I was looking for Lin Tao so that he could visit sick grandmother.
Get the students to make up some sentences like:
1. I dont know how to get to the station.
2. She doesnt know which sweater to choose.
Ask the students to pay attrition to the Infinitive. Give them more examples to understand better, e. g.
1. I dont know what to do next.
2. They dont know where to go.
3. We didnt know when to start.
Focus on the use of the Infinitive, then give another example:
It’s very important to learn English well:
To learn English well is very important.
Let the students make more sentences, pay attention to the use of the Infinitive.
  下一頁
Look at Exercise 2, make sentences with partners. The answers are:
1. It’s hard / easy to work out these maths problem.
2. It’s exciting to watch football matches.
3. It’s interesting to read history books.
4. It’s hard / easy to learn foreign languages.
VII. Leaning and practice
Do Exercise 3, complete the sentences using who/ that/ which. The answers are:
1.which 2.who 3.who 4.which 5.who 6.which 7.which 8.who
Do Exercise 1, let the students translate the sentences alone then check the answers with the students.
Answers: 1. We arc hungry. We need to buy something to eat. 2. She is very busy today. She has a lot of work to do. 3. Please be quiet! I have something important to tell you. 4. Will you please tell him to turn down the TV a little? 5. nobody knows what to do next? 6. I’m going to the post office to buy a few stamps this afternoon.
For Exercise 2. Join the two parts and make the students read together.
For Exercise 3. Get the students to read the story, and fill in the blanks. The answers are: which, who, who, who, who
Exercise in class
1. Revise the use of the grammar.
2. Make sentences with the Infinitive.
上一頁