Lesson 70 教學設計方案二
Properties: Computer, Projector, PPT document provided.
1. Let the students understand the dialogue and learn new words.
2. Go over the Past Perfect Tense.
New words: British, fail, summit, misty, mist
Useful expressions: disappear into, the first men to do tins, try to reach the top of
I. Showing the teaching aims
Ask the students to act out the dialogue is provided in Lesson 69-1.asf
III. Lead in
Give the students some information and pictures about Mount Qomolangma, and check their homework. Let them speak something about the history of climbing the Mount Qomolangma.
It was formed 60million years ago and ascends to the height of 8850. Surveyor General Andrew Waugh proposed to name the mountain Everest after his predecessor, George Everest. This name prevailed until today, although the mountain has two local names - Qomolangma in Tibetan, Sagarmatha in Nepali.
IV. Watch and listen
Ask the students to watch the flash Because it is there.swf which is provided. Listen the text carefully, and finish the questions:
True or False
1. Mount Qomolangma is the tallest mountain in the world. ( )
2. George Mallory is a professional (職業的) mountain climber. ( )
3. Mallory had tried four times to reach the top of the mountain. ( )
4. In 1921 he tried to climb the mountain for the first time. ( )
5. Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay were thought to be the first men to reach the top of the mountain. ( )
6. Edmund Hillary found Mallory’s body in 1999. ( )
1. √ 2. × 3. × 4. √ 5. √ 6. ×
V. Read the text
Let the students read the text carefully and grasp the main idea of this article. And find out what happened in different years (1921, 1922, 1924, 1953, 1999).
A story about George Mallory’s climb of Mount Qomolangma.
mist [mist] n. 霧，a thin fog made by very small drops of water in the air. 其形容詞為misty，比較級為mistier，最高級為mistiest。
wonder v. = question是“想要知道”的意思，它常跟賓語從句。同時它還有“感到驚奇”之意。
alive［E5laiv］adj．活著的，come alive表示“活躍起來”，stay alive表示“繼續活著；幸存”的意思。
be busy dong sth 是“忙于做某事”的意思。
Show the film of Lesson 70-2.asf which is provided. Finish the exercises 2 on Page 88, and practise the sentences one by one.
Why Because it’s there is used as the topic of this article? What spirit do this sentence show us? Write something about it.
  下一頁
上一頁