Words: spirit, inventor, invention, pupil, build, print, track, frighten, frightened, safety, telegraph, lifetime
Phrases: try out, at the age of, rush out, New Jersey
Sentences: Thomas Edison thought that no matter how difficult something seemed, he could find the answer.
He said he thought more of a person who has one idea and makes it work than of a person who has a thousand ideas but doesn’t do anything about them.
1. Read the passage and try to understand it. Make sure to finish ex.1 in the workbook.
2. Master all the teaching materials.
3. Read the whole lesson fluently and the pronunciation and intonation should be right.
1. The main points----(1)&(2) in the teaching objectives
2. The difficult points.
A. was always trying out 過去進行時，表示過去常常做某事。
B. so …that… 如此…以致…
C. thought more of…更看重… think a lot of …對…有很高評價
1. Organization of the class
Talk about Edison
What was David trying to do? Why?
What was his idea?
① Get sb. to do sth. ②be able to & can ③