Unit4. Shopping for clothes(10 periods)<?
1. Functional language:
a. Asking about problems.
b. Asking about clothes sizes.
c. Asking to try clothes.
d. Agreeing to buy.
2. The vocabulary about clothing.
3. Grammar: a. The superlative form of the adj.
b. The order of the adj.
4. Teaching approach: Listening, Speaking, discussion, writing
5. Teaching time: 10 periods
6. Teaching procedure:
Step 1. Revision
1. Greetings. Talk with students about their weekends or holidays. Go over the language they learned about planning a trip.
2. Check their homework.
Step 2. Listen, talk, discuss and learn.
1. Have the students look at the people on their books. Make sure they can catch each word about clothes. Then, ask them to match the clothes the people wearing with the labels. Check their work.
2. Play the tape. Have them listen carefully to catch how the people in the picture describing their clothes. Writing down the new words and phrases on the blackboard if there’s any. Name each person according to what they hear.
3. Ask the students to read the chart about the order of adjectives. Make sure they can catch the rules. Help them to describe the clothes in exercise 1.
4. Ask some students to come to the blackboard , have the other students to describe their clothes. Pay attention to the language they use, especially the rules of the adjectives.
5. Look at the picture of exercise 5 carefully. Say where Julia is and what she is doing. Check their work.
6. Play the tape and match the problems with each of the coats. Make sure they can catch what they hear. Help them if needed.
Step 3. Talk, discuss and learn.
1. Ask the students to look at the pictures of exercise 7 carefully. Try to describe the clothes in the pictures with “too” and “enough”. Check their work and correct their mistakes if there’s any.
2. Have them look at the clothes in exercise 1 and say which they would like to buy or not. Give the reasons. Give them some new words about describing clothes and some sentence structures if needed. Such as : old-fashioned, baggy, trendy, fashioned, out-of-date, or so./ I would like to buy…because…/ The reason why I want to buy … is that…)