1. Learn some expressions about theme parks.
2. Read through the material and have a good understanding of theme parks.
We have learned the –ing form in the pas. Today we mainly talk about –ing form used as adverbial.
Task Watch and discuss
Activities: Check the students’ homework and show the finest copies of theirs to the whole class. After the class watch the nice pictures on the screen, the teacher gets students to discuss the following:
1. What do you think you can see in a theme park?
2. What do you think about adventure sports?
3. Do your town or city have an amusement park? What can you do there?
4. Is a theme park different from a traditional park? Why?
The Main Task Students learn about theme parks.
T: What is a theme park?
Ss: As we all know, a theme park is a wonderful park. It has its own theme. It has a collection of rides, exhibitions and other attractions.
T: What are the activities based on?
Ss: The activities are based on a common theme.
Task 1 Skimming
Question 1. How many theme parks does the writer tell us? What are they? Where are they?
Question 2. What are the themes about?
Task 2 Scanning
Question: What attract people in these theme parks?
Individual work: read through the first three paragraphs. Then fill in the form below.
Group Work T: Exchange your ideas and prepare to report.
Theme Parks (People can have fun and experience sth. different.)
The World Park
To teach visitors sth…
to help experience sth
Buildings, castles, statues,
customs of Chinese minorities,
cartoon characters, animals
The Ocean Park
To get visitors to know more about the idea.. to help people to explore the past.
Thrills and entertainment;
Rides, opportunities to learn about life in the ocean,
a conversation center,
the dinosaur exhibition,
the two giant pandas…
Walt Disney and his characters.
Cartoon characters, rides, games, exhibitions; Universal
New theme parks are being built.
Notes: About the new phrases, words and sentences.
Entering one of the attractions at Universal Studios is like steeping into the world of your favorite film.
It seemed like people just cannot get enough of scary rides and exciting adventures.
The parks are becoming more advanced and new technology allows us to experience almost anything without actually being in danger or risking injury.
Ask certain questions to check students’ understanding to these sentences.
Task 3 Discussing (Think, write and then discuss.)
1. Which of the theme parks mentioned in the text will you visit? Why?
2. Why are theme parks so popular throughout the world?
Task 4Design a theme park and exchange ideas in class by interviewing.
Activity: Students think up ideas about building a certain theme park, write and report the design, the place, the building time, the reason, hope...
Others’ Ideas For This Park
(Attention: One form is for your ideas while the rest is for others’.)
1. Finish the reading part of the workbook.
2. Get on line to search the information of a certain theme park that one is interested in and write a short description about that.
3. List ideas for an “English-Speaking World Park”, using the form of Page67.
高一 A world of fun Period 3由www.562527.site收集及整理,轉載請說明出處www.562527.site