Lesson 90 多媒體教學設計方案
1. Let students know about the passage by fast reading and intensive reading.
2. Have students grasp the main idea of each paragraph and some key words.
Step I Lead in
Show the map of Egypt and Africa. Get the Ss to respond the teacher’s questions:
T: Where is Africa ? / Where is Egypt ?/ What is the river? What is the dam ?
Step II. Watch the video
Q: Is the High Dam a successful project ? (No)
Step III. Presentation
Show the picture and give them two questions ,
Qs: (1).What is the High Dam like ?
(2) How big the High Dam?
Step IV Listening
Answer the each paragraph meanings after listening.
Listen Paragraph l
Key: Aswan Dam is biggest man-made project
Listen Paragraph 2-5
Key: The procedures of the building Dam
Step V Fast Reading
Ask students to read the text quickly. Get students to say the followings true or false.
1)The River Nile used to flood the Pyramids. (F)
2)The Aswan Dam formed by itself. (F)
3) Now the waters of the Nile can run regularly the whole year. (T)
4) About 20-50% of the electricity which Egypt needs is made from coal. (F)
5) Aswan Dam is the one of the three biggest man-made projects in the world. (T)
6) The base of the Aswan High Dam is wider than its top. (T)
7) Because of the dam, the water level of the lake was going to rise to 63 meters. (F)
8) The old temples are very important, which has a long history. (T)
Step VI Intensive Reading
1. Ask students to read the text again and carefully and choose the best answer to each question
1 ) Which of the following is not true according to the dialogue?
A. Mr. White would like to visit the town of Aswan.
B. Pippa prefers to visit Aswan on foot.
C. The Abu Simbel Temple is on the edge of the lake made by the dam.
D. Mrs. White suggests taking a hat in order not to get hurt.
2) The High Dam was built to _________.
A. control the waters of the Nile
B. make electricity from the water
C. make a large lake
D. Both A and B
3 ) The article mainly tells us _________.
A. the importance of building the High Dam
B. the problem caused by the High Dam
C. the rescue of an old temple
D. Both A and B
4) The project of moving the whole temple began in _________ and was finished in 1966.
A. 1960 B. 1962 C. 1963 D. 1964
5) Which of the following is true according to the article?
A. It is impossible to move the whole temple.
B. It is necessary to spend so much money in rescuing the temple.
C. It is easy to build the Aswan High Dam,
D. It is wrong that the temple was rescued.
Step VII Summary
I. Fill in the form.
Key: A biggest manmade project, 1970 , Egypt, 3830m, 980m, 40m
II. Answer the following Questions
1. Why was it built?
Key:1).The River Nile used to flood.
Key: 1).the water level of the lake
2) .move people
3).old temples, in danger for example, Abu Simple
Step VIII Discussion
What are the dis)advantages of the Aswan Dam? （參考答案見ppt.）
Talk about the building of reasons and advantages in the Three Gorges Dam.
1.Reasons:One is to control the eater of the Changjiang River and the other is to make electricity.
2.Advantages:It has controlled the water of the Changjiang River and it won’t flood any more. The people will lead a safe and happy life along the Changjiang River.
Step Ⅸ Practice
According to answers and questions and write a article.
1.Where is the Palace Museum ? (in the center of Beijing)
2.How big is it ? (an area of 72 hectares)