1. Get the students to know the importance of body language.
2. Train the students integrating skills.
Show more gestures and let the students guess the meanings.
Read the integrating skills.
Introduce Shuang huang.
Work in pairs and make up a funny story.
Compare the meanings of body language in China and the USA.
Meaning in China Body language Meaning in the USA
welcome a smile and a handshake welcome
Hello Goodbye ! waving one' s hand Hello! Hi! Goodbye!
disagreement shaking the head disagreement
agreement nodding the head agreement
May I ask a question? putting up a hand May I ask a question.'?
love kissing love
no such a gesture keeping one's fingers crassed hoping sth. good will happen
proud holding up one's head not afraid/proud
feeling sorry for having done hanging one's head feeling sorry for having done
feeling very happy waving one's arm feeling very happy
dislike, disagreement or pain making a face dislike, disagreement or pain
I'm full/ I' v eat stomachache touching one's stomach having a stomachache
1. Choose the best answers according to the situations.
When you meet a foreign guest for the first time, you should say:
A. How do you do? B. How are you?
C. Hi! D. Hello! What can I do for you?
2. Yon are carrying some heavy boxes. Someone comes over to offer help. He may say "Can I help you?" If you need his help, you should say:
A. Of course, you can. B. That's a good idea.
C. Yes, go ahead. D. Thanks. That's very kind of you.
3. If you can carry the boxes yourself and don’t need his help, you should say to him:
A. No. I don’t need your help. B. It's none of your business.
C. No, thanks. I can manage it myself. D. Sorry, you can’t
4. When you see an old lady carrying a heavy bag and want to go over to help her, you should say:
A. Excuse me, madam. Would you like me to crazy it for you?
B. Hello! Let me carry the bag for you. It’s too heavy for an old lady like you.
C. Hi, Granny! Let me carry the heavy bag for you. You are old.
D. Excuse me. Is there anything else I can do for you?
2. Choose the right words for the blanks, using the right verb forms.
proud juice dining room realize were type comfortable.
(1) I hope you feel as __ as you are at home.
(2)The speaker ____ to the people in the hall before he left.
(3)You’d better make the apples into ____ for your baby; otherwise she can’t eat them.
(4) Before you send your article to the publisher, you’d better____ it out with a computer or a type-writer.
(5)The students needn't go home for lunch, because there is a _____ in the school.
(6)I didn't _____ they were a couple (夫妻) until the party was over.
(7) She looked so __ at the party that few people talked to her.
3. Make gestures and guess what they mean.
(1) Raise your hand. (5) Kiss your hand to someone.
(2)Put up your hands. (6)Thumbs (大拇指) up.
(3)Wave your hand. (7)Thumbs down.
(4) Cup your ear. (8) Bite your nails ( 指甲 ).
1. (1)A (2)D (3)C (4)A
2. (1)comfortable (2)waved (3)juice (4)type (5)dining-room (60realize (7)proud
(1) To ask or answer a question. / To attract attention. / To say hello.
(2)To give up. / To surrender.
(3)To say goodbye.
(4)To say: "I beg your pardon. / Sorry, I can’t hear you."
(5)To say "Goodbye" to a dear friend or relative.
(6)To say "Great! / Wonderful! / Well done! / Congratulations !"
(7)To say "No good! / Terrible!"
(8)To mean "thinking" or “worrying”.
高中一年級 Body Language Period 3由www.562527.site收集及整理,轉載請說明出處www.562527.site