The Third Period
1. Review the words appearing in the last two periods.
2. Learn and master the use of the Past Participle as Attribute and
Teaching Important Points:
1. How to guess the missing verbs and use them correctly according
to the given sentences.
2. How to tell a positive, negative and neutral from each other.3.
Help the students master the Past Participle as Attribute and
Teaching Difficult Point:
How to use the Past Participle correctly, especially how to use the
Past Participle instead of the Attributive Clause.
1. Practising to finish each task in World Study and Grammar.
2. Individual or pair work to make every student work in class.
1. a projector
2. some pictures
3. the blackboard
Step I Greetings
Greet the whole class as usual.
Step Ⅱ Revision
T: In the last period, we've read a passage about reporters and
newspapers. We've known that newspapers and other media do more
than simply record what happens. Experienced editors and
reporters make informed decision about what events to report, how to
report them and why. Can you tell me the reason for them doing that?
Ss: Yes. Because they must make sure that readers can relate to the
T: Right. Newspapers and other media play an important part in our
daily life. Why?
Ss: Because they help us understand the world better on all sides.
T: Quite right. You've known about news media better than before.
Besides, we've learnt some words in this unit. Have you really
remembered and mastered them? I'll give you an exercise about
them. Look at the screen and prepare for a while. Then we'll check
the answers together.
Spell out the words according to the explanation for each word. The
first letter of each word is given to you.1. f __ __ __ dismiss
(an employee)from a job
2. s __ __ __ __ __ (cause sth. to) shift or change, esp, suddenly