pain , in (the) future , be rich in , contain , fat ( n . ) , soft drink , score , scores of , discuss , discussion , at the end ( of )
三會單詞和詞組： examine , ripe , advise , patient , energy , weight , put on weight , westerner , cause , unhealthy , lose weight , suggestion
1. What can I do for you ? / What was the matter ? / What's the trouble ?
2. Does it hurt here ? / It's nothing serious . / Let me examine you . / Take this medicine three times a day . / And I advise you not to do …
3. Drink plenty of water and have a good rest . / You'd better have a good rest . / You'll be well soon .
4. Show me your tongue . / Stick out your tongue . / Did you cough much ? / Fortunately , you only have the flu (流感) . / You'll have to be hospitalized (住院) .
5. How long have you been like this ? / Well , let's see . Open your mouth and say "ah ". / Keep warm and don't catch cold .
1. I've got a pain ( cough , headache , toothache ) . / I don't feel well . / There's something wrong with … . / This place hurts . / I feel a great pain here . / I feel dizzy (頭暈) . / I took some medicine last night , but they didn't help . / Doctor , please give me an examination .
2. I've had my temperature taken . I indeed have a fever . / I was hot and cold by turns .
3. I don't feel well , doctor . / I hope it won't last long . / I don't feel like eating anything .
4. I have a sore throat ( 喉嚨痛) and my chest hurts . / It started bothering me yesterday afternoon . / I feel hot and feverish . / I'm aching all over .
5. I've been losing sleep . / My whole body feels weak . / I've lost my voice . / My ears are ringing , and my cheeks burning . / I feel a pain in my left leg .
1. I advise you (not) to do … / you'd better (not) do … / I suggest that you (should) do … / Why not do … / Why don't you do …
2. It's better to be absolutely sure , even if it does take a bit more time and trouble .
3. Well , if I were you , I would spend about four days sightseeing in Beijing and two or three days in Shanghai for shopping .
4. Let me give you a bit of advice , if you don't mind . Stop smoking or at least cut down on it . Watch your diet and …
5. How / What about doing some shopping here ?
6. I think we'd better send for a doctor .
7. Well , if you go on the way you have , you're only going to make things harder for yourself .
8. Yes , I suppose so . / Yes , I certainly will . / That's a good idea . / Yes , but don't you think … ?
Sea water contains salt .
This auditorium will contain 3,000 people .
(1) contain 和 include 雖然都有"包含"的意思，但 contain 可用于表示包含所含之物的全部或部分，而 include 則只是包含一部分。試對比：
The parcel contained a dictionary . 那包裹里裝的是一本字典。
The parcel included a dictionary . 那包裹里也包括了一本字典。
The tour includes a visit to Paris . 這次旅行包括游覽巴黎。
The basket contains a variety of fruits . 這籃子裝有各種水果。
(2) including 可以作介詞連接介詞短語。試比較：
Many women were waiting to buy that kind of cloth , including my mother .
Many women were waiting to buy that kind of cloth , my mother included .
可以這樣說，include 著重"被包含者只是整體中的一部分"。contain 著重"內有"。
The doctor advised a soft diet . 醫生建議進軟食。 〖點撥〗
(1) advise + doing
He advised getting plenty of sleep and eating good meals .
(2) advise sb to do 建議某人干……。advise sb not to do sth = advise sb against doing 建議某人不要干
The teacher advised us not to read carelessly . = The teacher advised us against careless reading .
對比：The teacher advised our reading carefully . (動名詞復合結構)
(3) advise that + 主語 + (should) do
She advised that he spend his holidays in Heinan .
對比：（誤）Sharon suggested me to ask Dr Yang for help .
（對）Sharon advised me to ask Dr Yang for help .
（對）Sharon suggested / advised that I should ask Dr Yang for help .
（對）Sharon suggested / advised my asking Dr Yang for help .
（對）I was advised to ask Dr Yang for help by Sharon .
(4) advice 是不可數名詞，表達"一條建議"用：a piece / bit / word of advice 。
The score at the end of the game was 5 to 4 against the visiting team . 比賽結果為 5 比 4 ， 客隊敗北。
What's the score now ? 現在比分是多少 ？
(1) scores of 許多，大批
The exhibition has scores of visitors every day .
(2) score 前有數詞時，score 用單數，其后的 of 常省略。但在代詞或者起定語作用的指示代詞及物主掉次前的 of 不能省略。
Three score of them are League members .
Three score of those eggs are his .
She has two score (of) eggs . (這種情況下最好不用 of )
I've something of great importance to discuss with you .
After careful discussion the two parties reached an agreement on this matter .
(1) discuss 后直接接名詞、疑問詞 + to do ，不接 about / on 。但discussion 后可以接about 。
（錯）We have discussed about the problem .
（對）We have discussed the problem .
（對）We have had a discussion about the problem .
(2) discuss sth with sb 和某人討論……
We will discuss the changes of our school with them later .
(3) discuss freely 自由討論，discuss fully / thoroughly 充分討論，discuss keenly 激烈討論，under discussion 在討論中，have a long discussion about / on sth 對……進行長時間的討論， a heated / hot discussion 熱烈的討論。
Your suggestion is very helpful .
(1) 含有suggestion 的主語從句、表語從句、同位語從句、定語從句中主句謂語用 should 型虛擬式。
We agree to his suggestion that the book (should) be published once more .
(2) suggestion 的搭配有：make a helpful / timely suggestion 作出有益（適時）的建議。act on / at one's suggestion = act on / at the suggestion of sb 按照某人的建議做。