Content: Lesson 73
1. Have the students master some useful expressions.
2. Know about the background in which the big civil rights march took place in Birmingham.
3. Study the language points concerned with the dialogue.
1. Haven’t you heard?
2. Civil rights.
3. Why was that?
4. I imagine…
5. Over and over again = repeatedly
6. For years = for a long time
Ⅰ. Showing the teaching aims.
1. Check the homework
2. Ask students what they can remember about slaves and slavery they learnt in Senior One.
Ask questions like these:
In which country did farmers keep black slaves?
Who fought for an end to slavery?
Let the students listen to the radio without books twice.
Then go through the dialogue briefly and make sure the student understandit.
At last ask some students to repeat the main idea.
Ⅳ. Language Focus
1. march v. n.
The Red Army covered 25,000 Li on the Long March.
2. demand vt. n.
The dictionary demanded more money.
3. forbid vt.
They forbade our swimming in the lake.
4. over and over again
My parents told me the same story over and over again.
5. put…in prison
The man was put in prison for killing.
Ⅴ. Fast reading
Books open. Let the students read the dialogue silently and find out this information:
1. What is the purpose of the blacks’ march?
A. They want to get more money.
B. They want to get equal civil rights.
C. They want to get better housing and jobs.
D. They want to get the rights to turn up in public parks or swimming pools.
2. “Birmingham” mentioned in this dialogue is in ______.
A. England B. China C. America D. Italy
3. Where could the blacks go?
A. Public parks. B. public swimming pools.
C. schools for whites. D. Slum (平民) area for blacks.
Read the instructions aloud. Practice the question forms with the whole class first. Ask individual students to complete the questions and do a repetition drill.
Then read in pairs and tell each other more about the marches in their knowledge from TV films or books they read.
WB. Lesson 73, Ex. 1-2
Ex. 1 Give students three minutes to do the Ex. 1 individually then ask one or two students to read aloud the whole passage check to see if there are any mistakes.
Ex.2 should be done in the usual procedure. First pair work. Then check the answer with the whole class. At last translate the sentences into Chinese.
Ⅷ. Exercise in class
Translate the following sentences into English.
1. They met a lot of difficulties on the march.
2.I had the same trouble as you.
3. People are forbidden to smoke in the reading room.
4 The whole family joined in the discussion.
5. The girl demanded apology from the shop assistant.
Finish off the workbook exercises.
高二英語Lesson 73 教學設計方案由www.562527.site收集及整理,轉載請說明出處www.562527.site